Sunday, November 2, 2014

Can this day get any better?

 It started at 8 am this morning... the smoke detector started beeping.  After removing 4, yes 4 different types detectors, (couldn't determine which one was chirping as there were 4 grouped together) I was able to disable it with the help of a lovely 20' ladder,

At exactly midnight, the carbon monoxide detector went off in a different location.  It was freaking the kitties out and I didn't know what to do because my batteries, light blubs and filter man is currently in North Carolina and hasn't answered his phone all day.  So I called 911 and had 2 fire trucks and one fire/rescue truck with lights blazing, and 5 guys and a gal at my front door.

Turns out the "plug in" monoxide detector has batteries in it too.  (I could have done that if I had known)

Maybe I should have taken the darn device into the garage and closed it up in the car??

Sven made some new friends and Gunnar is under the bed covers for protection from stranger-danger people.

What a day.....  They report these kind of things in the local paper.  Hope this doesn't make it into the news.

No comments: